March 1, 2010

Work Wear (Out)

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


No one delights in their Mondays at work (see: S’s Faced!book post), but mine is shaping up to be particularly stressful.  Ya know when there’s just one thing too many to deal with in a single workday (so two, total, for me today)  and you can’t believe that these things couldn’t have just happened a little further apart to make them somewhat manageable? 

Here’s the deal: I dyed my hair over the weekend, AND I’m wearing a shirt that I sewed (yes, you read me, sewed) myself (see photo for both).  Can you imagine ALL the attention that I’m going to have to deal with from my coworkers today?  And there is so much picking at my nail polish to be done because I did kind of a really bad job painting my nails!  So instead of getting that under control, I will instead be needing to say, “Oh yes, I did change my hair!” or waiting around while people stand in the doorway of my office with their hand on their chin trying to figure out, “What’s different about you?”, and I don’t want to tell them because I believe in fostering self-esteem growth among my work team, and telling them the answer is not empowering anybody.  And then- I mean- a shirt I sewed myself?  A shirt that means that from now until quitting time I will have to steer EVERY conversation toward the other person asking me where I bought it so that I can tell them that in fact I made it and I know it’s so surprising because it looks like an actual real shirt and ha ha yeah not that many people know I’m this crafty?  Exhausting! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment