March 30, 2010

The Doppel Gang

From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

Today, a student came bounding into our office with his iPhone, so excited to show us something. That something was a picture of a girl who he said looks "just like" me. Who was it? 1970's era Linda Ronstadt. This student is a big Linda Ronstadt fan and apparently her photo shows up on his iPhone whenever he plays her music. (Yes, he's gay.) The picture he showed me is below:



Not bad, right? I don't really think she looks too much like me, and think that if we didn't have similar bangs and weren't both inclined to smirk, there'd be no similarity at all, but she's cute, so I'm fine with it.

I, too, was a fan of Ronstadt's music when I was a kid and realized that she must be quite a bit older these days and wondered if she's aged well. My officemate jumped on her computer to find an image of present-day Ronstadt and laughed loud and uncontrollably at what she found:



She really should have stuck with the smirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment