March 11, 2010

What a feeling

From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

Back in our halcyon days, K and I did a little volunteering at a summer camp. Said camp had a lot of silly traditions, many of which I found unbearable, but there was one that I absolutely loved called Rock N Roll Breakfast.

When it was time for the kids to finish their breakfast and clear the table, one of the staff members would put on some bad 80s music and everyone who was so inclined would dance around the dining hall, clearing plates and wiping tables like they were in some sort of terrible cleaning product commercial. If a classic such as "Livin' a Prayer" or "Don't Stop Believing" was played, cleaning could be abandoned altogether in favor of some serious lip syncing and conga line action. I always found that Rock N Roll Breakfast could energize me in a way that my 3 cups of bad coffee never did and decided to employ the same technique in my own life when I found myself dragging in the morning before work.

And boy was I dragging this morning. In addition to working on Sunday for our big event, I also had long hours Monday-Wednesday, making sure our special guests had everything they needed while they were visiting. The event, I'm happy to say, was a complete success, but I am still wiped from it all, so to get myself amped for this morning's 9:00am meeting with our graphic designer, I had to pull out the big guns: Lionel Richie.


Please enjoy:


Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
Uploaded by jpdc11. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment