March 15, 2010

Day of rest

From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SOONER?

http://www.mahalo.com/napping-day

I need to find a place to go to sleep, like, now.

True story: back when I was an intern I knew of all the rooms with locked doors in my building where I could go for surreptitious naps. Once someone knocked on the door of a storage closet where I was catching up on some Z's and said "why is this locked?" I had a story all ready to go "well when I'm in here looking for binders on the bottom shelf, I'm always worried someone will open the door and smack me in the head, so I lock the door to make sure that doesn't happen." "Oh, that's funny, this guy I know used to go into storage closets and sleep." "Hahahaha he did?! He would SLEEP in a CLOSET? Hahahaha that is the CRAZIEST thing I have ever HEARD! Well I am just going to take these binders with me to the wheelchair accessible single-stall bathroom on the 7th floor for the next 20 minutes or so, I'll catch you later."

No comments:

Post a Comment