March 3, 2010

The Muppets Take My Office

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


 I have three office-mates.  One of them is the intern.  He doesn't get paid at all, and the company is still not getting their money's worth.  He makes everything more difficult and less fun, and today he brought a plush Kermit the Frog doll from home- ostensibly to sit on his desk and put his stuffed arm around a bottle of Ethos water.  At least that's what's been going on so far.  And while this isn't even the most annoying thing that the intern has introduced to our office since he started (that, for the record, would be his observational humor on a wide range of topics) it did seem to warrant some special attention.

Cue: TheKermitOnTheInternsDesk@yahoo.com, my new e-mail address.  I spent a chunk of the day out of my immediate office- probably because I was supposed to be doing whatever it was I left to do, and if anyone can tell me what that is I will owe you a churro- and spent a not unsubstantial chunk of my workday writing e-mails from across the building in the voice of Kermit to my coworker who remained in our office with the intern and his toy.  They said things like, "Turn around and look at me," or, "I can see that you're just reading Lost recaps, let's get to know each other instead," because I thought that that would be totally creepy for sure.  And being creepy and coming up with long fake e-mail addresses seems important in a big picture kind of way.

2 comments:

  1. do you remember shortblackman@yahoo.fr? glad to see you haven't lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I ever! Its ears must have been burning yesterday with how often I cracked myself up talking about it and you.

    ReplyDelete