March 12, 2010

Keep not falling on my head

From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

It's raining today. It's raining pretty hard. Now I'm not thrilled about this, but I was prepared for it, because I look at the weather online every day before getting ready for work, at least during this time of the year when Northern California weather can be a little unpredictable. I saw that rain was predicted for the day, so I, like many, many others wore a rain coat today and brought an umbrella to work. Reasonable, no?

I get to work and a colleague is wearing suede. Not the wisest choice for rainy weather, but hey, it's her life. She stops me by the arm and says "how did you know it was going to rain today?" "Um, I looked at the weather report online and it said it would probably rain today, and then, this morning, when I left my house, it was raining." "How did I miss the rain? I mean, I wore SUEDE today."

You did, honey. You really did. I don't know how to help people who can't figure out when it's raining, so I mock them anonymously instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment