February 25, 2010

There's No "I" in "Day Off"

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...

Today I have the day off. Sounds great, right? But for me, I'm the kind of girl who just cannot leave my work at the office, ya know? Here are the seven workday tasks that I commit to doing even while taking a day at home:

1) Dozing

2) Answering the phone

3) Closing my eyes for just a sec

4) Pretending I don't know how to do something I actually do know how to do because I really don't want to do it and think I can get someone else to

5) Trying to goad people into talking about someone who is doing a worse job than me

6) Wondering how it is that I got to this place in my career, and looking around, trying to figure out if everyone else is as miserable as me, and if they are- how they tolerate it while maintaining a modicum of kindness towards the people they have to share this cruel and punishing planet with, and if not- how they got enough health insurance to finance all those happy, happy pills

7) Ordering Baja Fresh for pick up

No comments:

Post a Comment