March 16, 2010

Legally Speaking

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...
 
There are certain industry standards and practices that go in to keeping television shows appropriate, legally sound, and in this case classy.  This image is a real e-mail from a few weeks back that was sent from someone in our legal department to the executive producer of the show I work on.  I was CC'ed.  I'm sorry- Let me say that again.  This is a REAL E-MAIL that was sent from someone who went to LAW SCHOOL which costs about a SCRILLION dollars these days (and I should know because I looked at my friends' LSAT study books before, and when I was twenty- two I even told one or two of my parents' friends that I was totally considering becoming a lawyer... Which was true!) to someone who is the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of a television show that is successful enough that it has filmed more seasons than, say, MODELS INC. which was undeniably RIVETING and indisputably AHEAD OF ITS TIME.  And I was CC'ed on this e-mail as a part of keeping me informed about critical changes to our final product.  Like saying "pootytang."

No comments:

Post a Comment