May 7, 2010

Weighty Matters, Redux


From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

So today was another Costco day! It was a close call because first Officemate said she didn't think I needed to go, but then we decided that Officemate shouldn't go because she's not feeling well so she shouldn't waste valuable work hours getting supplies for graduation, but instead just do what she needs to do then go home and rest because we have to be back here at 7:00AM for graduation tomorrow.

Then, my boss said she wanted to come because she has a prescription to pick up from Costco. My boss is a very nice lady, but I do not want to spend any free/fun time with her if I can avoid it. This trip was about me, the dean's assistant, and a Polish sausage and soda for a $1.50. So I volunteered to pick up her prescription for her. She gave me her ID and Costco card (but no money!) and finally I was off.

While the dean's assistant was getting flowers for our special graduation people, I ran to the pharmacy to get my boss's prescription. While waiting in line, I pulled out her driver's license so I could be ready to go when it was my turn. I casually glanced at her picture and then noticed that the weight she has listed on her ID is only about 20lbs more than what I weigh.

I am not a good judge of people's weights, so I don't know if it's a lie or not, but if I am just 20lbs from looking like my boss, I will kill myself. Granted, I'm not planning to gain 20lbs anytime soon (I'm actually trying to drop about 5), but my boss is severely, dangerously overweight. It's been upsetting me ever since. I know it's totally possible that the weight she listed is no longer accurate and I know that muscle weighs more than fat and that I am a little taller than her, but SHIT.

Anyway, I was able to pick up her prescription, which cost almost $20, which was all the money I had, so I had to pay for my hot dog and Diet Pepsi in quarters. Cause I classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment