May 14, 2010

Closed Door Policy

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


I spent quite a lot of my adolescent energy, back when I was an adolescent, worrying about what completely strange and impossibly embarrassing thing my dad- whom I can't even kindly stretch to describe as eccentric; he's a really nice but really odd guy- would say to, well, anyone.  One of his favorites that he liked to toss around was to tell people, sometimes because it related to them, oftentimes not, was that he is a "serious amateur photographer."  I don't know if this sounds as odd here as it does when spoken in casual conversation, but trust me- It comes out goofy enough that recently my sixteen-year-old nephew spent an evening with my dad and made that quote his Facebook status.  Because my dad is still saying it.  And it's still pretty weird.

Anyway, I am not a serious amateur photographer myself, so if it's hard to tell what that picture above is, let me explain: It is my immediate boss' office with the door closed and the lights off- which is how it has been all day- because she decided that she- on the intern's second day, with a huge project looming, and one of the three assistants out- would only stop by the office long enough to ask my coworker to go all the way across the building to get her a blank CD that she wanted to burn onto for a wedding this weekend.  When I say that I hope that she falls on her face dancing to that CD at the wedding reception this weekend, know that I also hope that the floor is made of wet cement.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment