May 12, 2010

Having a You Know

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


A fairly wonderful new game has taken root at my office.  It's called Cube Ball, and it's as much fun as I've ever had with a beach ball, office cubicles, and a (hotly debated, but ultimately agreed upon) points system.  There's a pitcher (see above) and a seated kicker (see below) and a lot of near misses with not totally sturdy light fixtures.


Because the cubicles we use as our outfield (infield? The vocabulary isn't fully developed as yet, but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure) belong to people who work on another show (as my coworkers and I are mostly in offices), we have to wait until our neighbors all go home for the night to get a serious game going.  Enter my least favorite part of this otherwise great game: My office has been turned into the "driving range" where for practice- but never points- people stop in at all hours of the workday to sit in one of my office mate's chairs and kick the hell out of a beach ball which inevitably lands on my computer screen or person.  But, as I demonstrate each day with my own work duties, I deeply believe in hard work and dedication to get the success and recognition you deserve, so how can I say no to Cube Ball practice?  I can't.  I will never.  Play on, coworkers.  Play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment