April 16, 2010

Who's the Boss?

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


So you guys- I've been thinking a lot lately about how I would like to start meditating and maybe get into yoga or whatever else could make me thin and wise at the same time.  I've been hoping to find a practice to enhance my mental clarity, but after yesterday turned into a TWO revelation day... I kind of think I'm already doing pretty awesome.  What tipped the scales to make me think that I'm sufficiently sage was when it became clear to me last night that:

The big boss at my office... is a real person.

A real person.  One who sometimes tells stories that aren't completely hilarious, and who doesn't magically turn a booth at a bar into a long conference room table with himself at the head as soon as he sits down.  When he came out with my office mates and me after we taped out show last night... he asked questions.  And then he listened to the answers, but did not assign a deadline for better answers.  And I think he may have been really dorky in high school.  And he told this story about back when he was dating the woman who's now his wife, and he stole her credit card from her purse when she was sleeping to go to the Beverly Center and buy a puppy that he really liked.  That's a mistake!  He made it!  And he told it to us!  If I had been his then-girlfriend I would have been real super mad... And she probably was and maybe he got totally yelled at!  Like a real person!!  The kind who doesn't like his mother-in-law, and who worries about money, and who got so drunk in Denver not that long ago that he wandered around until he realized that there was no way he could find his hotel on his own and so got into a taxi and could only tell the driver that they needed to find a hotel that was blue and could they just drive around until that happened.

So, I guess the best part is that not only is he a real person, but also my kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment