April 2, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Pzizz

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...

A pretty awesome trend has started in my immediate office this week: Napping!  I know it sounds difficult to actually fall asleep at work, and we really did used to struggle with it.  Last month, for example, after a weekend of 18 hour days working on a friend's movie, one of my coworkers crawled under his desk, hung a jacket in front of him, and put this decoy in his place:


But he couldn't quite relax on the hard ground and worried that- somehow- someone would on second glance realize that that was in fact a stuffed monkey at his desk and not a working human.

Enter: Pzizz.  If the catchy name doesn't at first tempt you, let me testify that the site is worth visiting if you want to be guided through the most awesome power nap of your life.  We Pzizz our day away at the first sign of anxiety, fatigue, or boring assignment.  Sometimes with headphones, sometimes through computer speakers for a community doze.  It's a revolution.  Look at this person, whom I don't even like:


He is Pzizzing!  And you can, too!  I'm not even being paid to write this except by the company that pays me to sit at this desk and do something else but instead I nap and write a blog!  But not by Pzizz!  No- For them I volunteer my services.  My hard-working services.

No comments:

Post a Comment