July 1, 2010

Wall Art

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


Somehow the sun, my blinds, and the hideously nineties era design of my office building came together a few days ago to form this heart-shaped light spot on the wall just above my desk.  The weird thing about that is, and I know that I don't talk about this very often, I hate my job.  So this heart seems... Out of place.  At best.

Today I did enjoy the morning bagels in the break room, and I was pleased by the afternoon cupcake delivery.  But not even the evening pastry box made me feel that I love anything here enough to deserve a miracle from the combined efforts of nature and industry to emblazon a heart on my desk wall.  It's like if Jesus appeared in my French Toast.  I'm not the right audience for that.  Although, a heart on my French Toast... Or my bacon... Perhaps my morning coffee... That would be appropriate.  That would be love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment