July 19, 2010

The Tweet Smell of Success

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


I've been at my job for the better part of a year.  The only responsibilities I've gained over these last many months are either completely menial or slightly important but stupid and the result of my immediate boss' laziness/power trips.  I technically make less money than when I started last summer, and more than having not been promoted, I have been explicitly asked to not show initiative or work outside my pay grade.

But... Leno Jokes, the mock Twitter account that my coworkers and I started in March and kept up with for all of three days, has one hundred seventy-eight followers!  One hundred seventy-eight!  That means that one hundred people decided to follow it, and then so did seventy-eight more.  Monetary and professional advancement be damned.  I've found all the success I can handle.  If nothing else comes of my time at this job and, listen, I'm pretty sure that nothing will, at least I will always have Twitter.  And bad jokes.  And one of those one hundred seventy-seven Leno Jokes followers as a part of my blog readership, right Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment