July 22, 2010

Non-Post Post

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...

I forgot to post yesterday!  But if I had remembered, it would have been about my grody boss sitting next to me at our staff meeting biting her dirty finger nails.  It would have been hilarious.

Moving on.  I have been sitting in a dark edit bay killing my eyes reading a magazine for the last four hours, certain that at any minute I would be finished "supervising" the editor whose shoulder I look over and whose skills far exceed mine.  I squinted through some great articles on such topics as Tom Cruise and senility, and imagined myself returning to my desk in the bright afternoon to write a great post about... Something.  How I accidentally burped in front of a lot of my coworkers?  How I am embroiled in a heated e-mail battle with some techie people on the other side of the builing whom I've never met?  Comic Con?  All I know is that is would have been amazing.  Or just OK.  Either way.  But I'm still in the bay.  And now dinner's here.  Which means it's almost time to not eat it because I have to go unstack 70 chairs in the studio or go to Starbuck's and return with 28 drinks for people.  So this is it.  I'm sorry, I love you, good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment