July 20, 2010

Stay Classy


From an unnamed university in the greater San Francisco Bay Area...

I knew it! I knew my boss was going to be able to go right back to sucking as soon as she returned to the office! Man, when she brings the suck, she really brings it.

So she was about 2 hours late yesterday because she took her cat to the vet. Then we went out to lunch to "celebrate" her return. I mentioned to her that everything is ready for the conference she's attending next week in San Diego (the one she said I couldn't go to because it's "important that [she] be there." It was all I could do not to say "bitch, no one is aware of your 'importance' besides you."); we just need to book her flight and how about we do that after lunch?

She replied that she doesn't want to go because she doesn't want to leave her cat alone overnight so soon after her getting so sick and can't I just go? I'm already going to Minneapolis this week, a trip she decided she didn't want to go on minutes before she left for her 9-week vacation. I told her I thought that two trips in the course of a week was too many for me and she said "Well, then I guess our office doesn't need to be represented. We have a good enough relationship with this organization anyway."

A) She said it super bitchy.
B) We already paid the $800 registration fee to attend, as well as reserved a hotel room.

San Diego, here I come. Look who's important enough now!

ADDENDUM: Victory is mine! I don't have to go anymore! We conned a very sweet student who views the conference as a "networking opportunity" and a free trip to sunny San Diego and is actually HAPPY about going! HAPPY. Bless her sweet, dumb little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment