June 8, 2010

Morning After

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


You guys- Remember when you or your favorite early 90's evening soap opera queen Brenda Walsh lost your/their virginity and were totally sure that you somehow looked different after?  Thought that you were putting off such a glow that it was amazing that strangers didn't just stop you on the street to ask what glorious (well, whatever) event had recently passed?  Remember, guys?

Well, I hate to shatter any totally reasonable notions (especially given that I'm pretty sure that my mom makes up half of our readership), but I did not lose my virginity last night.  But I did go to DISNEYLAND!  With my gal pals!  Almost until closing!  On a Monday!  And I couldn't believe, as I walked around my office today, trying to tamp down the residual joy and delight enough that I could do things like pour my coffee and ride the elevator like a normal person and not one who might, say, throw her hands in the air and shriek, "Yaaaaay!" at the sight of a balloon with ears, that no one noticed.  No one.  No one said, "Hey- Are you recently returned from the happiest place on Earth?  Because you sure look like it!"  Nor did anyone say, with a furrowed brow, "Are you not wearing any make-up?" which was an improvement from earlier this week, but how today did no one feel compelled beyond reason to comment on my actually somewhat happy state?  It's almost as though a generally pleasant attitude is expected.  Well no one better expect that from me any other day.  This is some pixie dust shit, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment