June 15, 2010

Badittude

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


Today at my office is fairly unremarkable except for the fact that everyone is cranky out of their effing minds.  Rolling chairs have been pushed for effect, voices have been raised, and a lot of super terse one word e-mails have been sent.  In a way it's comforting because my fuse is short, too, today (despite having put myself to bed at 9:45 last night, I feel snippy and exhausted and have taken to bothering my already annoyed office mates in the middle of whatever they're doing to ask if they think I'm anemic.  They don't), so it's nice to not feel as though I'm the stand-out difficult one.  But boy- A staff wide meeting with a bunch of people who should be taking a time out was not delightful.

And now we're all waiting around, unsure if we are taping a part of our show tonight.  Usually we order food if we're going to be here late, but my immediate boss says that no one can order dinner until 7 (putting it on our desks in the 8 o'clock hour) since we may not have to stay.  So now everyone who couldn't even handle sitting around an office pleasantly enough is still sitting around an office waiting to find out of we are going to leap into rush-production-mode, or just have it called off after the dinner hour has passed.  In short, it's going to be a long night.  A long night of figuring out how to infuse the one remaining Cliff Bar in my desk with an entire bottle of wine.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment