June 29, 2010

Celebeeration

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...

Wondering where I was Friday and Monday?  I didn't think so, which is good.  Because I have no real answer.  Moving on...

 
This picture may have you asking yourself, "Ooh- What sort of hot espresso beverage is that?  A latte?  Cappuccino?"  Well if that's what you're wondering, you're naive, my friend (Mom).  You see, twenty-nine years ago today one of my office mates went and got himself born, and I personally could think of no better way to celebrate his life and its achievements than putting some real cheap but passably drinkable Trader Joe's beer into a coffee mug and having its foam mimic the froth of the sort of drink that is actually acceptable to consume in the workplace.  Other friends and colleagues contributed balloons and cupcakes, cookies and cards to the celebration, but because I didn't know what my coworker wanted gift-wise, and also because I am cheap and like to drink beer, I brought some six packs to share as we worked today.  If there's a more personal or sentimental way to say, "Happy day closer to death," than a drink that makes the man of the hour slur his words at a staff meeting, then I would like to know what it is.  So Happy Birthday, Office Mate, and may you forget that you asked me to store some of the beers in my desk drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment