June 18, 2010

Blursday

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


I didn't get to post anything yesterday, but not for lack of desire.  It was for lack of a minute to call my own, but while I didn't get to blog, here are some things that I did get to do:

- Sit in a dark editing bay for 5 hours "supervising" an editor who is completely self-sufficient and knows exactly what he is doing.  I do not know what he is doing...Which makes it hard for me to supervise.

- Play games on my iPhone, really the only option while sitting in a dark room with no real work to do.

- Learn, after my iPhone ran out of battery power, that the computer in that editing bay (which my coworker was using for actual work or something, because it's not enough to have one of us with no clue sit there and watch the editor do whatever it is he does, but instead two of us are required) is too old to charge an iPhone.

- Sit and stare into the dark.

- Eat my dinner that had gotten cold as I sat in the dark in under two minutes before I had to go sit in the dark some more while we taped our show.

I mean, I guess I could have written something at 11:30 p.m. when we finished up, but then I would have had to put in for all that overtime.  So instead I cut a few cupcakes on the community table in half to find the one I wanted to take home, and just called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment