June 3, 2010

Elephants Do a Lot of Things Better Than I Do

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


I forgot to write a post yesterday.  Just plum forgot altogether until I paused the true crime show I was napping through to answer S's phone call so that we could chat about S'mores, and that somehow triggered the realization that I hadn't complained publicly about my gainful employment for more than 24 hours.

See, the miracle of yesterday was this: There is truly nothing to do at my office this week that we couldn't do next week.  We all came back from a shortened vacation for no reason that I can discern since we're not taping anything until next Thursday.  But, in a glorious turn of events, it seems as though the big boss actually realized how useless every single person's presence was yesterday, and at the end of a staff meeting at around 3:30, he said, "And if that's it then I suggest that you all get out of here as early as you possibly can today.  See ya."  Well from his lips to God's ears to my foot to the gas pedal.  Following that announcement I didn't even stick around long enough to even remember to eat the last of my snacks that I had put in the mini-fridge that morning.  My departure was that quick, my nap once I got home that freaking awesome, and my forgetfulness that deep in the face of being at my home in the daylight hours on a Wednesday.  And I would totally apologize.  If I felt bad about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment