June 14, 2010

Help Wanted

From an unnamed production office for an undisclosed television show in an address-withheld building in LA where the elevators are shockingly slow...


So, as I've shared, and as the subtext of every entry I've ever posted should suggest to you, I'm looking for a new job.  The problem with that is that the whole process makes me feel as though I have two annoying jobs: The one I have, and the search for the one I want.  And at least at the first job they pay me a shockingly small amount to get done what needs to get done.

I spent most of the weekend working on an assignment from the company that I want to go work for.  Super exciting.  Except when Monday comes (which it did today, for those not keeping track) and I feel as though I just banged my head against a wall all weekend trying to do a good job so I can get a new job so I can leave this dumb job (adjectives in italics, please).  I'm not even up to my usual 50% effort around here, and at this rate someone might notice.  I also have more work to do during the week on this hopeful-new-job-assignment, so I will be like one of those moms who works all day at an office and then goes to wait tables all night and then puts her baby in the freezer when it won't stop crying because she is so fried, only my baby will be my boss and the freezer will be a place of even lower esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment